The Briarlea off Gorge Tel: (506) 857-8866 Fax: (506)388-3992 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Briarlea on Ryan Tel: (506) 204-1099 Fax: (506) 204-6900 Email: email@example.com
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
The Briarlea aims to provide stimulating activities to our residents on a regular basis, with musicians, outings, themed days and games, church services for our spiritual residents, and other special volunteer visitors or events. We take great pride in the life we create at The Briarlea and feel it adds to the overall well-being of our residents.
We also highlight activities on our Facebook pages. This allows families to see their loved ones enjoying themselves; the pandemic has been challenging on everyone, however, at The Briarlea, we strives to make the best of it. We adapt our activities to ensure we meet requirements, while looking out for the emotional well-being of our residents too! Click on the Facebook links below to check out the activities!
Entertainment at the Briarlea:
• Music entertainment 2-3 times per week (musician, signers, karaoke, sing-a-longs) ***
• Church Services in-house when residents are unable to attend regular church services with family
• Senior`s exercise program (TaiChi, Senior FitBit, Get Fit While You Sit)
• Special visitors (Daycare kids, Therapeutic pets, musical groups, Jewelry Showings, etc.) ***
• Special outings (Fishing, Apple Orchard, Mall Trips, Zoo, Butterfly World, etc) ***
• Events/Holiday Gatherings (Mother`s Day Tea, Winter Tea, Christmas Party, Canada Day, etc.)
• Games/Themes Days (Crazy hair, Bingo, Movie Day, Crafts, Word games, Wii games, etc.)
• Gardening (vegetable and flower gardens to those interested)
• Community puzzle (full range a puzzles in the sunroom; add a few pieces as you go!)
• Brain Games (Jumbo WordSearches, CrossWords, HangMan, Cards)/ Cognitive stimulation
• Daily notice board and calendar of events (birthdays, holidays, newsletter, pictures, etc.)
• Pianos in the sunroom available to everyone for musical entertainment
Our energetic Activities Coordinator ensures a wide variety of musical entertainment, social activities, fitness programs, and field trips are scheduled each month should our residents choose to take part.
Musical Entertainment - we use local talent whenever possible and residents gain great enjoyment from the variety of fiddlers, step dancers, church, community and youth groups who visit.
Family members are important to us and to our residents. We encourage family members to participate or join us in any scheduled activity. With advance notice, our staff will make every effort to ensure space is also provided for small family get-togethers in any of our beautiful living rooms, or our large sunroom.
*** Some activities are restricted/modified during the Orange/Red Phases, due to Public Health restricting outside visitors or non-essential services. These activities get substituted for other enjoyable activities.