ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
The Briarlea aims to provide stimulating activities to our residents on a regular basis, with musicians, outings, themed weeks and games, church services for our spiritual residents, and other special volunteer visitors or events. We take great pride in the life we create at The Briarlea and feel it adds to the overall well-being of our residents.
We also highlight activities on a monthly basis in our Monthly newsletter, which is distributed to our residents and family members. These newsletters are enjoyed by our residents and keep family members updated on past and upcoming events.
At The Briarlea, we aim to increase the quality of life of our residents. Our compassionate and devoted staff believes in quality care and services, and we are proud of the Home we have created for many individuals over the years.
Entertainment at the Briarlea:
• Music entertainment 3 times per week (musician, signers, karaoke, sing-a-longs)
• Church Services in-house when residents are unable to attend regular church services with family
• Senior`s exercise program (Zumba Gold, Get Fit While You Sit)
• Special visitors (Daycare kids, Therapeutic pets, musical groups, Jewelry Showings, etc.)
• Special outings (Fishing, Apple Orchard, Mall Trips, Zoo, Butterfly World, etc)
• Events/Holiday Gatherings (Mother`s Day Tea, Winter Tea, Christmas Party, Canada Day, etc.)
• Games/Themes Weeks/Other (Crazy hair, Bingo, Movie Day, Crafts, Word games, Wii games, etc.)
• Gardening (vegetable and flower gardens to those interested)
• Community puzzle (full range a puzzles in the sunroom; add a few pieces as you go!)
• Newsletter to residents and family members, featuring upcoming and past events (The Briar Patch)
• Daily notice board and calendar of events (birthdays, holidays, newsletter, pictures, etc.)
• Pianos in the sunroom available to everyone for musical entertainment
Our energetic Activities Coordinator ensures a wide variety of musical entertainment, social activities, fitness programs, and field trips are scheduled each month should our residents choose to take part. She speaks with each resident upon their arrival in order to acquire a thorough understanding of the interests and activities that give them enjoyment.
Musical Entertainment - we use local talent whenever possible and residents gain great enjoyment from the variety of fiddlers, step dancers, church, community and youth groups who visit.
Family members are important to us and to our residents. We encourage family members to participate or join us in any scheduled activity. With advance notice, our staff will make every effort to ensure space is also provided for small family get-togethers in any of our beautiful living rooms, or our large sunroom.