Key Features and Services
Through specialized services, quality care, and stimulating activities, our home strives to exceed the needs and expectations of our residents, while providing them with a beautiful and serene residence they are proud to call home.
The Briarlea is proud of the quality of care and services we provide to our residents. We continuously aim to exceed the needs of our residents. Our services encourage independence, preserve pride, maintain dignity, and offer lifestyle choices to our residents, while ensuring safety and peace of mind.
• Professional staff on-site 24 hours a day
• Weekly doctor`s visit with our on-staff Doctor (owner), Dr. Pierre Beaulieu
• Licensed Practical Nurse on staff for medical support (incl annual flu shots)
• Emergency call system in all bedrooms/bathrooms
• Radiant in-floor heat and wheelchair accessibility throughout
• Sprinkler system throughout the house, in all bedrooms and bathrooms
• Exit doors connected to automatic indoor/outdoor alarm system
• Red Seal Certified Chefs (healthy home cooked meals, deserts, and snacks daily)
• Palliative care provided to residents dealing with life-threatening conditions
• Full assistance with continence, hygiene, bathing, grooming, etc.
• Full assistance with dressing, grooming, meals, administration of meds, etc.
• Bi-weekly foot care podiatrists available to residents
• Full assistance with mobility and transferring
• Private and spacious rooms
• Vanity, sinks, mirrors in your bedroom
• Housekeeping, personal laundry, dry cleaning and ironing services
• On-site hair salon (manicure, pedicure services, shampoo/cuts/sets, perms)
• Relaxing fireplaces (2), beautiful sunroom with vaulted ceilings and skylights
• Various decks with patio furniture and glider swings for relaxation
• Spacious and cheerful home-like dining area and kitchen
• Cozy sitting areas throughout the home
• Cable TV and phones throughout the home (available in rooms as well)
• Full social calendar with activities, outings, entertainment, and exercise
• Assistance with scheduled specialist appointments
• Newsletter summarizing events and activities for residents and family
• Personalized resident services available upon request
Moving to a senior home setting is often an overwhelming and emotional transition for seniors. In many cases, they are leaving behind cherished possessions or homes where they raised their families and created memories. We offer assistance to make this change easier and will be there to assist family members in coordinating every step of the move.
Prior to residents moving into our home, we review a detailed admission package with the family. This helps us gather valuable information related to the resident's health and medical history, as well as their personal lifestyle preferences. An individual care plan is then established with family members to ensure a comfortable and smooth transition. Members of our staff make every effort to link the individual's special care plan with the residents’ normal lifestyle patterns, routines, and preferences.
Dr. Pierre Beaulieu owns The Briarlea and he is very involved in the well-being of his residents. Dr. Beaulieu offers his services to all residents, and will gladly take on all residents as his patients. For those who do not have a local family doctor, this is very comforting. Dr. Beaulieu will see all patients in-home on a weekly basis, and provides 24 hour on-call services to his staff. When our residents receive personal attention on a regular basis, it helps us achieve better continuity of care and often means fewer requirements for hospital services. Alternatively, our staff will ensure residents are driven and accompanied to their family doctor for scheduled appointments if they prefer.
The Briarlea utilizes the services of Pharmacists, John and Sophie Breau, of Jean Coutu Pharmacy, on St. George Street. Together, they ensure the regular monitoring, supply, and administration of medication to residents of The Briarlea.